10. Permit Fees and Water Charges
1. Fees for water permits and permit renewals shall be paid in accordance with directives to be issued by the appropriate authority.
2. Water charges shall be paid by any permit holder in accordance with directives to be issued by the appropriate authority.
3. Water charges shall be paid annually effective from the date of issuance of the permit.
11. Responsibilities of the Appropriate Authority
The Appropriate Authority shall:
1. take the necessary cautionary measures during issuance of permits to avoid excessive allocation or depletion of a water resource;
2. ensure that water resources are utilized in sustainable and most beneficial manner.
3. take necessary measures so that the issuance of water use permit to investors does not adversely affect the interest of peasants in any manner whatsoever;
4. establish and maintain water register to record measures taken affecting water use permits;
5. assign supervisors to ensure that permit holders utilize the water in conformity with the condition of the permit.