1. a permit holder may, with the approval of the Appropriate Authority, construct water works on land under the possession of another person for the purpose of abstracting the required water from its source;
2. the possessor of the land encumbered pursuant to sub-Article (1) of this Article, is entitled to adequate compensation from the permit holder.
3. the provision of sub-Article (1) of this Article shall not apply to land under peasant holding unless the peasants themselves have given their consent and provided that the construction of the water work does not in any way entail eviction of the peasants.
13. Settlement of Disputes
1. The Appropriate Authority shall hear and adjudicate disputes arising between permit holders or between a permit holder and other person concerning rights and obligations emanating from the permit.
2. An appeal may be lodged to the competent court within thirty (30) days against the decision of the Appropriate Authority rendered under sub-Article (1) of this Article.
14. Utilization of trans-boundary Rivers
1. Utilization of trans-boundary rivers shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this Proclamation and international treaties to which Ethiopia is a party.
2. The Appropriate Authority shall consult with the concerned Central Government organs before issuing water use permits relating to trans-boundary rivers.