4. Registration

1/ Any public office shall, for the purpose of registration, submit to the Agency copies of its establishment legislation, personal data of the public servant taken at the time of first employment, letter of employment issued to the public servant and other data determined by the Agency.

2/ The time limit for submission of data in accordance with sub-article (1) of this Article shall:

a)in the case of existing public offices and public servants, be determined by the Agency;

b)in the case of public offices established, or public servants employed after the effective date of this Proclamation, 60 days from the date of establishment or employment

5. Social Security Identification Number

1/Any public office or public servant shall, upon submission of complete data for registration, be assigned with social security identification number; provided, however, that the tax identification number of the public office or the public servant, if any, shall also be taken as social security identification number.

2/Any public servant, when transferred to another public office or employed by another public office or any private organization covered by pension scheme, shall notify his identification number to such office or organization.

6. Notification of Changes in Entries of Registration

1/Any public office shall, when any change occurs in the entries of its social security registration or that of its public servant, notify such change to the Agency, with supporting evidence, within 60 days of the occurrence of such change.

2/Every public servant shall notify, with supporting evidence, to the public office that he is working for, any change regarding his family status.

3/Any beneficiary who is receiving benefits shall notify, with supporting evidence, to the Agency any change in the entries of social security registration within 60 days of the occurrence of such change.

4/Any notification of change in the entry of social security registration relating to a public office, public servant or beneficiary, shall indicate the corresponding social security identification number.

5/Any public office to which public servants are transferred following the dissolution, division or merger of another public office shall notify same, in writing, to the Agency within 60 days of the takeover.

6/Where a public enterprise is privatized, the government organ in charge of effecting the transaction shall notify same to the Agency within 60 days.

7. Consequences of Failure to Submit Data for Registration

1/The concerned officer of a public office who fails to organize, keep and timely submit to the Agency data for registration as required under this Part shall be punishable in accordance with Article 61 of this Proclamation.

2/Where a public servant or beneficiary fails to timely submit data relating to changes in entries of registration as required under this Part, his survivors entitlements to benefits shall be based on the data that have already been organized and kept by the Agency.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

8 replies »

  1. I need ur help ,to know about pension /retirment payment ,i am working for 5yr and still on food security programe (HABP) with out PF & retirment,can i ask payment of PF With out contractul agrement.

  2. I am Mulu Miesho
    Dear Abrham, I just want to know that whether pension is paid/deducted from overtime work or not.

  3. you guys did a great help to want get the proclamations for different purpose. So, be stronge

  4. Your blog is extremely important; however, the soft copies are damaged and can’t be downloaded.

    • Thanks for the comment. It would be a great help if you could tell which of the file are damaged or may be corrupt.
      I will immediately re-upload the files. As regards downloading, I have already responded to this issue in my previous
      comment. All google document files are downloadable and I advise you to see my comment as regards downloading
      google docs. Click HERE to see.

      • Hi Abrish. Long time no see. i am glad and proud to see your move like this. your good old friend WASIHUN the lawschool. you may reach me using my account at wasabema@gmail.com

  5. pension scheme is good for private employes but before lunching this law government must think MINIMUM WAGES[SALARY]which worker must get.there is no minimum wages act for labour working in any organisation yet due to lack of this law wokers are not getting sufficient money for their lively hood.
    for example any one is getting 400 birr or 500 birr per month how he will manage his family and children education etc

    engineer suraj bhan [working in ethiopia]

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.