Ministry of Transport
Issuance of Supporting Letter for Provision of Equivalent Driving License
Equivalent Driving License can be given to diplomats of other countries and staffs of international/ continental organizations with which the country has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and other foreign individuals authorized by Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation to get the Equivalent Driving License in order to driving vehicles in Ethiopia.
Equivalent Driving License can be authorized and issued by the FDRE Ministry of Transport. It is given to foreign diplomats and staffs of international/ continental organizations that have signed an agreement with Ethiopia and their respective spouses or dependents.
Customers who want to get the service of issuance of supporting letter for provision of equivalent driving license should;
- Fill and submit service application form for issuance of supporting letter for provision of equivalent driving license;
- Attach Official service requesting letter, Note Verbal, signed by authorized higher official of service requesting embassy or international/continental organization;
- Attach Diplomatic ID Card of the service requesting individual;
- Attach Driving License of the service requesting individual;
- Attach Interpretation of the Driving License, if it is prepared in a language other than English.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reviews the service request and if all requirements are met, prepares (cancel out “issues”) supporting letter to Federal Transport Authority for Provision of Equivalent Driving License.
Attach an official translation of the Driving License, if it is in a language other than English.
Service Request Form for Issuance of Supporting Letter for Provision of Equivalent Driving License
- Surname of Applicant *
- Given Name of Applicant *
- Designation of Applicant *
- Name of Country where the Driving License is Issued *
- Level of the Driving License
- Identification Number of Driving License
- Language of Preparation of the Driving License
- Attachment For The Note Verbal *
- Attachment For sponsor’s ID Card *
- Attachment For The Driving License of the Applicant
- Attachment For The Interpretation of Driving License of the Applicant
- Number of Note Verbal *
- Application Date
- Embassy or Organization *
- Tittle (Mr,…) *
- If request is for Spouse
- Title of Spouse
- Spouse’s Surname
- Spouse’s Given Name
- Mobile *
- Diplomatic ID Card Number of the Applicant *