Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
The Standardization and Regulation Directorate of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology issues license for installation and maintenance of cable, wireless local loop, exchange and maintenance of terminal equipment in telecommunication service. The type of license, service requirements and service fee vary depending on the type of service that the customer is engaged. The license issued by the ministry is valid for a period of one government fiscal year and required to be renewed every year from Hamle 1 to Hamle 30 Ethiopian Calendar.
In order to get the service of issuance or renewal of license for installation and maintenance of cable, wireless local loop, exchange and maintenance of terminal equipment in telecommunication service, the customer is required to pay service fee and fulfill service prerequisites of:
Human resource requirements: –
In-House/Building cable Electrical engineer or related fields one professional, Technician two professionals.
- For Outside cable grade I Electrical engineer or related fields one, Technician two and Lineman two professional
- For Outside cable grade I Electrical engineer or related fields one, Technician one and lineman one professional
- For Exchange Installation grade I Electrical engineer or related fields one, Technician two and Exchange Installers two professional,
- For Exchange Installation grade II Electrical engineer or related fields one, Technician one and Exchange Installers one professional,
- For Terminal equipment Grade I Technician two professional.
- For Terminal equipment Grade II the applicant him/her self.
- Tools and Equipment,
- Commercial Registration Certificate types of activities engaged (category 7-Transport,storage and communication)·
- Article and memorandum of Association related to the license that the customer need.
- memorandum of articulate of association.
- The applicants include the objective of work. should engaged on telecommunications work.
- The applicants should have Tax payer identification certificate.
- An applicant may not apply for more than one license using one application form.
- Two photographs of the applicant, or if the applicant is a business organization two photographs of the Manager shall be attached.
- The capital of each maintenance and installation license are different each other
- The difference service capital are the following :-
- In-House/Building cable installation and maintenance capital and Terminal equipment maintenance Grade I 15000 birr (minimal requirement ) .
- out side cable installation and maintenance Grade I and Exchange installation and maintenance Grade I 500,000 capital minimal requirement .
- out side cable installation and maintenance Grade II and Exchange installation and maintenance Grade II 100,000 birr capital minimal requirement .
- If the Applicant does not renew its license every year before Hamle 30, the license shall be revoked.
Application Form for New License for Installation and Maintenance of Cable, Wireless Local Loop, Exchange and Maintenance of Terminal Equipment in Telecommunication Service
Telephone Number /USE MOBILE PHONE NUMBER ONLY/
Post Box Number
Types of Applicant’s
Name of Applicant /trade/organization
Attachment- Tax Payer Identification Certificate
List of Employees
Ø Employee Full Name
Ø Academic Level
Ø Attachment- Educational Document of Professionals
Ø Attachment- Employment Contract of Professionals
Categories: Business Procedure