Addis Ababa City Administration Housing Development and Administration Bureau
Directive No. 66/2021 for the transfer of condominiums and commercial properties to consumers
June 2019 Addis Ababa
It is known that the Addis Ababa City Administration has been handing over condominium houses to different beneficiaries at different times. In order to better continue the housing development program; under Addis Ababa City Administration Proclamation No. 64/2011 In accordance with the powers and duties assigned to the Bureau of Housing Development and Administration; Addis Ababa Saving Houses Development Enterprise and Housing Development Project Office merged and Established as a housing development corporation and It was found necessary to develop a new policy. Accordingly, the corporation will be able to build houses that will be built by the existing institutions and will be built by the corporation in the future. To inform the beneficiaries in advance of the conditions to be met and to resolve any grievances arising from the community during the transfer; The transfer system needs to be transparent, reliable and accountable.
The process from home transfer to home delivery and credit delivery; As it involves stakeholders and requires coordination; To enable the parties involved in this process to work together and create a better system to ensure that the executive and performing parties involved in the transfer process have a responsibility and accountability; The Addis Ababa City Housing Development Administration Bureau has issued this directive in accordance with Proclamation No. 64/2011.
Part One General
- Short title
This directive can be cited as the Directive No. 066/2021 of the Addis Ababa City Administration Housing Development and Administration Bureau for the transfer of condominiums to the beneficiaries.
Unless the context in this guide gives you a specific meaning
- “City” means the city of Addis Ababa.
- “Administration” means the administration of Addis Ababa.
- “Cabinet” means the Cabinet of the Addis Ababa City Administration.
- “Board” means the executive board of the Addis Ababa City Administration Roads Authority, Water and Sewerage Authority and Housing Development Corporation.
- “Bureau” means the Addis Ababa City Administration Housing Development and Administration Bureau.
- “Corporation” means the Addis Ababa City Administration Housing Development Corporation.
- “Housing Development Program” means condominiums that include 10/90, 20/80, 40/60 and other housing development programs.
- “House” means a part of a condominium with one or more rooms assigned to a particular service, for residential or commercial use.
- “Common areas” means a part of a building constructed for common use outside of independent houses and legal common areas.
- “Accessible house” means a house that is located outside the commercial building on the ground floor of the building or on a relatively low floor above ground level;
- “Commercial House” means commercial buildings built on the ground floor of residential buildings under the 20/80, 40/60 and other housing development programs, which the corporation offers for sale.
- “Proclamation” means Proclamation No. 64/2011 to reorganize the executive bodies of the Addis Ababa City Administration and determine their powers and functions.
- “Disabled” means a person who, due to a natural or man-made accident, partially or completely, physically or mentally, is unable to perform his or her normal duties and uses another body or support device.
- “Displaced by natural and man-made disasters” means homeless urban dwellers displaced by floods, fires, earthquakes and other disasters.
- “Eligible Housing” means houses that have been licensed by the relevant body upon completion of construction.
- “Person” means a natural or legal person.
- “Bank” means the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
- Regarding gender expression
The expression of masculine gender in this directive also includes feminine gender.
- Scope of applicability
This guide was developed by the Addis Ababa City Administration on 10/90, 20/80, 40/60 and other housing development programs; And will be
implemented in the future by condominiums to be built by the corporation and handed over to the beneficiaries by the administration.
Conditions for the transfer of condominiums and commercial properties should be based on the following principles:
- Follow the process of making sure the home seeker has clear information about the lottery.
- The house for the lottery is organized by a modern information system; Ensure reliable and fair lottery and transfer system.
- Decisions made: Dealing with function and responsibility as well as accountability:
- Participate and be loyal to the public:
To improve the condominiums that have been transferred through condominiums and created gaps in practice; In accordance with the Addis Ababa City Administration Council’s December 26, 2011 Proclamation 64/2011; It was necessary to bring the institution into a single system and to develop a consistent set of guidelines. As a result, condominiums have been built and transferred to beneficiaries through various housing development programs; Make them homeowners by following a fair and transparent process.
Filtering and organizing information on transfer of homes
- About inspecting houses before taking over
- Information about the houses that the corporation is ready to transfer to consumers; Receives and organizes information on hard copy and soft copy from the developer body through the relevant department.
- Based on the information provided to the corporation by the developer; Evaluate the progress of the construction and verify their eligibility for transmission to users; He must also issue a use permit before transferring the condominiums he deems eligible.
- The transfer of houses that are eligible for transfer shall be determined in accordance with the performance level of the houses and the decision of the Board in each round.
- Subject to sub-article “1” of this Article: Major infrastructure projects are: Main road to construction site or site: Site Work: Electrical wiring and meter installation; It checks the availability of water and sewerage services in advance.
- The Corporation shall ensure that the houses constructed are not up to par. He will make up for the shortcomings.
- Organizing housing information
- The Corporation shall, in accordance with Article “7” of this Directive, determine the number of houses eligible for transfer, subdivision, site, block, floor, floor, bedroom type and type of service.
- Houses constructed and eligible for transfer in accordance with Article 7 of this Directive; Each block and house is assigned a unique identification number in a colorful and orderly manner.
- In accordance with Article 7 of this Directive: Organizes net and related building information and site plan information in hard and soft copy.
- Until the houses handed over to the corporation are handed over to the appropriate owners or rulers; It also has a responsibility to protect homes that have not been handed over to users for various reasons until they are transferred to other users in their original state; However, the corporation can protect the houses by delegating them to other parties.
- Housing Transfer Price
- In the case of condominiums ready to be transferred, the direct and indirect costs of construction will be calculated professionally by Typology Block and Housing Type.
- The starting price of housing prepared in accordance with sub-article “1” of this Article and; The bid price will be submitted to the Board for approval based on a study conducted by the Corporation.
- After the transfer price is approved; Periodic bank interest is calculated accordingly and the value is maintained until a new transfer rate is determined:
- Advance payment amount
Pre-payment system the minimum home buyer pays before the contract is signed.
- 10/90 Housing Development Program 10%;
- 20% for housing for 20/80 housing development program;
- 40% for housing for 40/60 housing development program;
- 50% advance payment for 20/80 and 40/60 businesses; It may be amended by the decision of the Board as necessary;
- For other housing development programs, it shall be determined by the Board from time to time.
- Residual payment and grace period
After the date of the loan agreement to pay the transfer fee for a series of long- term payments; The grace period issued by the bank shall be paid on the basis of the following working day from the date of expiration
- For residential and commercial housing for 20/80 housing development program
- Up to 20/90 for 10/90 studio and one bedroom,
- For two bedrooms up to 15 years;
- For a three-bedroom house up to 10 years, 1.4. It will be 5 years for a commercial house.
- For residential and commercial housing for 40/60 housing development program
- 10 years for a one-bedroom
- For two bedrooms up to 12 years,
- For a three-bedroom apartment up to 17 years
- 5 years for business
- Transfer of condominiums
- In the case of condominiums ready to be transferred in accordance with Articles 7 and 8 of this Directive, there shall be a reduction in the number of vacancies for development, and only a clear bid for commercial housing.
- Subject to the provisions of sub-article “1” of this Article: Only the mayor of the city can specifically sell condominiums to consumers. It may also allow the condominium to be transferred at the current starting price as needed; The Board may also specifically allow the transfer of condominiums to various government agencies and unions organized at the right time. Condominiums that have not been tender for various reasons; It may be leased by a board decision based on the rent offered by the corporation; However, the corporation may review the rental rate and submit it to the Board for a decision.
- In order to accelerate the development of the city, the board of the houses that are ready to be transferred: Decides to keep condominiums on reserve based on the number of developers; However, if the number of evacuees exceeds the reserve, the office may increase the number.
- Subject to the provisions of sub-article “1” of this Article, In order to implement the 40/60 housing development program, the replacement housing will be implemented in accordance with the decisions of the Board from time to time.
- When there is a compelling reason and compelling reason for a condominium business to be built; The corporation may submit to the board for a decision on the transfer fee at the time.
Filtering information about housing users and preparing for lottery
- Identifying those eligible for the lottery from the registry
- The Bureau organizes information on the applicants who are registered as home seekers and the type of program and bedroom; The Bureau also verifies that the information of the landlord is complete before entering the lottery and submits it to the corporation.
- The Bureau shall ensure that the home seekers deposit the required amount in advance at the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
- The Corporation shall receive the information of the registrants who are eligible to participate in the lottery. Properly organized; It uses the information for its intended purpose only.
- The office will update the saver information from the bank on a regular basis.
- Identify specific user information
- The office provides information to women registrants, ensuring that 30% of the usage information is sexually organized and complete.
- To give the office 20% priority in accordance with the decision of the government; Organizes government employees who are registered as home seekers based on all the information that they are government employees; It also updates the information.
- In accordance with the special decision of the city administration; The office organizes information on disabled enrollees to benefit 5% of people with disabilities; Identifies by database: Ensures that it is properly completed; If there is a disability in the registrar after registration,
according to the medical evidence provided by the doctor; Updates information.
- Lottery performance
By verifying the specific information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of this Directive and identifying their readiness for the lottery;
- 20/80 Program _ Until existing subscribers complete; They will have the right to a first chance; New subscribers will benefit from existing subscribers; Government employees will also be treated with existing registrants and new entrants will be treated in the same order as new entrants.
- 40/60 program enrollees who qualify for the lottery will participate in the lottery by saving 40% and above.
Preliminary Decisions and Lottery Procedures
- Pre-lottery and lottery
- The Corporation may draw lots for condominiums at any stage of construction. However, condominium users may enter into a contract of sale only if the conditions set out in Articles 7 and 8 are met;
- The Corporation shall establish a technical committee composed of knowledgeable and skilled institutions on the lottery system and from the Corporation;
- The Registered Technical Committee shall, before the date of the draw, the information of the eligible registrants shall be loaded into the lottery software;
- Information on eligible registrants and information on condominiums certified to be eligible for the lottery; The technical committee will verify that they have correctly installed the software;
- The lottery software will be tested at least three times in front of the committee for proper operation. The validity of the test will be verified by the Technical Committee; An exact copy of the software must be kept: The work will be carried out in a completely transparent and accountable manner;
- Upon verification that the probation has been carried out in accordance with sub-article “5” of this Article, the computerized material containing this lottery information shall be prepared in the room with the signature of the Technical Committee in the presence of the Lottery Technical Committee. Must be saved:
- The date, time and place of the lottery shall be announced to the public at least 2 days prior to the draw. On the day of the lottery, a message will be sent to various bodies and community representatives to attend;
- On the day of the draw, the package shall be opened in the presence of the bidders;
- The work shall be carried out in full transparency and accountability; The lot should be made available to the public in a way that is clearly covered by the media
- The list of lucky winners will be reviewed and signed by the selected observers;
- To publish the lucky documents signed by the observers to the Bureau of Housing Development and Administration and to the corporation through the corporation. It will also be distributed as soon as possible to other relevant parties in soft and hard copy; The corporation must
keep an accurate copy of the information of registered and unregistered subscribers.
- Priority given to the users of the houses prepared for the lot
- 30% for women;
- 20% of government employees;
- 5% of people with disabilities;
- In the end, the remaining 45% of the houses who do not compete in the sub-article “1” to 3 “and who meet the criteria are included in the lottery.
- After a contract of sale has been entered into for registrants who have health problems due to disability; Prior to entering into a loan agreement with a bank, they will be screened in accordance with the decision of the legal medical board provided by a recognized hospital; This right to access housing includes spouses and children with disabilities;
- Request for access to a house at the time of the contract of sale; Evidence must be provided before the end of the contract period; Any request for access outside of this date will not be accepted. However, house requests for various compelling reasons must be submitted before a bank loan agreement can be entered into; Requests for this are not accepted; If the applicant is not available at the lottery site, the corporation may assign a replacement house to other vacant sites.
- Calling the house winners,
- Information on the list of lucky winners and information about the contract deadline; It will be published in various media and by the bureau, the corporation and various websites;
- List the lucky winners by subdivision, site, block and house type; It will be reported in each sub-city housing administration office and in each woreda housing administration office.
- Any request for a change of site outside of the site of the condominium lottery will not be accepted; Notwithstanding this, it may be transferred to another site if access to the site of the lucky draw due to disability or disability is not available.
The transfer of the condominiums their lot is floated
- Preparation of the necessary forms for the condominiums to be drawn up shall be attached in accordance with this Directive regarding the contents of the forms prepared in accordance with this Article.
The forms are:
- Who paid the full amount in accordance with the current transfer price for the lottery house; You can also deduct from the full payment (savings) and deduct the remaining 80% or 60% of the down payment if it is more than the down payment.
- The contract of sale of the house, the house is fortunate or lucky; Whether there is no place of residence or housing in the Addis Ababa City Administration in the name of himself or his spouse; Or Forms of Form (Form 09) that the City Administration has not owned or sold a house in its own name or in the name of the spouse since the introduction of the housing development program in 1997;
- The lucky winners are the notification form for the receipt of the condominium key.
- Prerequisites for Home winners
- Homeowner’s Registration Verification Card and Printed Out or documents are missing: They must submit a letter of confirmation from the police;
- If you are enrolled in a 40/60 housing program, you must submit a letter from the bank stating that you are registered and a saver;
- Must provide a renewed residency ID card
- Married or unmarried person must provide proof of marital status
- He has no place of residence or residence in the name of himself or his spouse; Or has not had a home since 1997 and has not sold or donated to a third party; If the student is also living in a public housing tenancy; Upon receipt of the house by lot, he must provide proof of his commitment to the administration.
- Subject to the provisions of sub-article “5” of this Article, if the house was previously sold as a mortgage in the name of the lender, the full amount of the proceeds went to the insured institution and the registration of the house was after the sale of the house. You can benefit from a condominium.
- Must provide four passport size photographs taken during the lease.
- If he is a representative, he must provide a legal and renewed power of attorney, a renewed identity card and proof of identity and residency of the representative; If you are a guardian, you must provide proof of guardianship in court.
- Ethiopian housing beneficiaries living abroad for various reasons enrolled in the 20/80 housing development program; If they do not change their citizenship, they will be received by the Ethiopian embassy
in the country where they live and will be received with a renewed passport.
- Ethiopians living abroad enrolled in the 40/60 housing program; Or you can be treated on the basis of a renewed passport and related evidence provided by foreign nationals of Ethiopian descent.
- If the spouse registers during the 20/80 housing development program registration and changes the citizenship of the registered spouse; The lucky one will be treated, At the time of enrollment, if the couple registers together and the principal registrant changes his / her citizenship and the spouse does not change his / her citizenship; It will be treated in the name of the spouse who has not changed his or her citizenship.
- The winning public servant must provide proof that he or she was a permanent employee of a public institution at the time of registration.
- The draw was for a non-government employee at the time of registration; If you are a government employee who has since joined the government; The information will be processed on the basis of evidence that he or she is a government employee.
- At the time of registration, they will be treated as employees of the government who have retired from the army with honor and injury.
- Employees of public institutions who were transferred to a public enterprise at the government’s discretion at the time of registration; According to the evidence provided by the institution, they will be treated like any other government employee.
- If the beneficiary is a beneficiary of joint property in the name of a previous inheritance or gift; Because the property does not belong to one person and the property is a common property; You can benefit
from the lottery. However, if the heir is the sole heir, the condominium cannot benefit.
- Procedures for the execution of a contract of sale
- Before the Corporation concludes a contract of sale; The floor plan, floor plan of each house, hard copy and soft copy of the site plan should be sent to the Land Tenure Management Office.
- Before the Corporation concludes a contract of sale; 10% of the lucky home advance payment for the 10/90 housing development program; 20% for 20/80 housing development program; 40% for 40/60 housing development program; For other housing development programs, it must be sent to the bank for payment in accordance with the current decision and in the form provided in excess or in full payment;
- The lucky owner of the house must provide proof of payment or receipt of payment in accordance with the form sent;
- Ensuring that the requirements of Articles 19 and 20 of the Corporation are met; To prepare a map for the Land Tenure Management Office
- Copy of the lucky home sale contract,
- A copy of a renewed ID card,
- Copies of marriage certificate must be sent
- House sales contract deadline
- The full name of the lucky winner is published in the newspaper: Ever since the corporation called on various media outlets to execute the contract; It must be submitted within 60 (sixty) consecutive working days; If the 60th day of the holiday is a holiday, the next working day will be considered the last day; However, if the lucky homeowner receives the
payment form on the last day, it will take 5 working days from the date it took to complete the process.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-article “1” of this Article: The lucky ones who are forced, due to childbirth, due to serious illness; An additional 30 working days may be granted by the corporation when you submit factual evidence from the relevant body.
- Subject to the provisions of sub-articles “1” and “2 of this Article, if the house is not transferred to another round of development or development, according to the evidence provided by the Ministry of Defense or the Police Commission that the members of the armed forces are on duty within the prescribed time limit. A lease will be made, but if the house is transferred to another user, a replacement house will be assigned.
- If court cases are not dealt with during the lottery; Provide evidence that they are on trial at the conclusion of the trial; If it is confirmed by the head of the corporation that the house has not been transferred to another round of development; In accordance with the decision of the court, the lot will be executed on the lot; However, if the property is transferred to another user, a replacement home will be assigned.
- A homeless person who has not been offered a contract in accordance with sub-article “1” and “2” of this Article shall be deemed to have voluntarily discontinued the use of a condominium house, and the house shall be re-awarded or transferred to a developer.
- Until after the lottery, the houses that were not handed over to the lucky ones are handed over to the beneficiaries; Property maintenance is the responsibility of the corporation or the legal entity representing the corporation.
Allocate house for those who are affected by urban redevelopment, those who have been injured by natural or man-made disasters or other special needs
- Allocation of condominiums
- In accordance with the request of the Land Development and Management Bureau, which has been verified by the Land Development and Management Bureau for the residents who are evicted from their private land and legal kebele (woreda house). The housing allocation will be done by the Housing Development and Administration Bureau to the corporation. If there is no problem with the provision of housing for all developers, They will be drawn according to their choice; However, if there is a shortage of housing, they will be accommodated according to the existing housing supply.
- When the Corporation receives a list of victims of natural and man-made disasters or other damages and the type of housing information determined by the Bureau; Assign a condominium house in accordance with the decision.
- A condominium that was previously registered as a condominium applicant; If a tenant and a special tenant, while living in a rented apartment, receive a house with the same number of rooms by lot; And if he chooses the house he is renting, he is to vacate the house which was drawn by lot; A previously leased home may be subject to a current transfer fee. As for the contract of sale, it shall be enforced in accordance with the provisions of Articles 19 and 20 of this Directive.
- A tenant who was previously registered as a condominium applicant; If he rents a condominium with the same number of rooms as the
condominium he is renting; He will hand over the leased house to the institution within 30 days from the date of signing the lease.
- Except as described in paragraphs 3 and 4, it is not possible to enter into a contract of sale by exchanging different types of houses.
Transfer of commercial buildings built with condominiums
- Transfer of commercial condominiums
- Houses constructed on different floors in a condominium building for commercial use shall be transferred to the beneficiaries; Subject to sub- article “1” and “2” of Article 12 of this Directive
- Transfer of commercial houses to be sold on bids
- The Corporation shall identify the number of houses and square meters of buildings that have not been submitted before and which have not been transferred.
- The Corporation shall issue bids in accordance with sub-article “1” of this Article.
- The bidding process should follow the financial tender guidelines.
- Preparation for bidding
The corporation is in the process of bidding for condominiums
- Properly organize the information of the bidding companies;
- Establish a bid committee and a bid hearing committee;
- When necessary, the established bidding committee will personally inspect and certify the commercial houses.
- Ensures that the bid price approved by the Board is prepared.
- Prepares bidding documents and bid documents
- Prepare the bid box and other necessary materials;
- Announce the bid through various media outlets;
- The bid document shall be sold in accessible centers;
- Receive bid documents and other relevant documents in accordance with the bid announcement and directive.
- Prepare for the bid.
- Content of the bidding document for commercial properties
When preparing the bid document, the corporation will issue an attachment regarding its contents.
- Bid Notice Number:
- Bidders’ Guide:
- Pricing form,
- Sample of commercial house contract,
- The list of commercial houses to be submitted should include site, building number, area, house number and other relevant information.
- Appointment of Commercial Housing Bid Committee
- The bid committee consisting of 7 (seven) members for the sale of condominium buildings shall be selected from the relevant departments. It is made up of the head of the corporation.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-article “1” of this Article: When necessary given the scope of the work; The head of the corporation may increase the number of committee members.
- Functions and Responsibilities of Commercial Housing Sales Bid Committee
- The Bid Committee shall, through its bidder, formulate a plan of action for the implementation of the bid and the work plan that includes additional manpower and other expenses required for the work; Submits and approves to the head of the corporation;
- Prepare the necessary office equipment, documents and necessary materials for the bidding process in accordance with the prepared schedule;
- A sample of the bidding documents and the announcement of the bid in the newspaper; Arrange for delivery by the relevant department;
- Inspects and prepares commercial buildings that are ready for bidding.
- To make the bidding process reliable; Bidding boxes shall be properly prepared and sealed in the presence of the bidders at the time of bidding.
- Upon completion of the bid date and time: Seals the box as well as the office where the box is kept:
- To inform the bidders of the bid price. Arranges halls;
- 5 members of the bidders will be officially selected as observers. Enables them to participate in the bidding process and sign their signatures.
- Open the bid box in the presence of the bidders; Compare the list of bids for each house and other items as specified in the guide.
- Selecting the winning bidder from among the bidders: Preparing a list of winners: Verifies the document by signature: Submits the prepared list to the head of the corporation for approval; It will be published in a newspaper;
- Bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2% of the total bid amount in the form of CPO. Or the company may deposit the bid bond (C.P.O) into the individual’s account.
30. Monitoring the title deed, debt and injunction of house to be transferred on sale as well as income monitoring and credit transfer
- The Corporation shall monitor the preparation of a house by submitting a house sale contract to the Land Tenure Management Office.
- The Corporation will investigate the reasons for the incomplete mapping work; If there is incomplete information, it can be identified by filling in the missing information;
- The Corporation shall certify that the completed maps have been sent to the Bank in accordance with the details sent. However, it contains information confirming that they have received a payment card from the land administration for the payment and payment of their bank debts;
- Regarding the lucky winners of the corporation only. Attach the prepared map and details such as house type and house number, house price, down payment, marital status and similar documents; Ensures that the content is sent to the bank for the user to receive the loan service;
- The holding company shall certify that it has entered into a loan agreement with a bank based on the evidence sent by the management.
- The Corporation shall ensure that the money collected from the users in advance and in full payment is transferred to the closed account of the City Administration;
- The Corporation has sent a letter of intent to the management of the property of the home users who have entered into a loan agreement with the bank; Returned to the bank with a debt and suspension; The bank will also receive the loan from the bank confirming the release of the loan based on the evidence sent to it;
- The Corporation shall ensure that the amount released (loan) is deducted from the loan of the main city administration; Organizes and retrieves the information by restoring the bond;
- The Corporation shall provide appropriate support to the Bank in the process of repaying loans on the basis of a list of beneficiaries who have signed a loan agreement with a bank and not repaying their loan on time.
- Consumers with whom the bank has a loan connection: When the bank sends evidence to the corporation for non-payment of their loan; Based on the evidence sent, the house winners were informed of the deadline to pay; If it fails to pay, the card shall be certified in accordance with the memorandum of understanding and procedures agreed upon by the Bank and the city administration; The Housing Development and Administration Bureau notifies the Bureau of Finance that the house will be deducted from the administration’s closed account if there is any debt or defaults on the house. The loan will be returned to the bank and the house will be kept open when the bank notifies the corporation that the loan is closed.
- When the homeowner asks for a refund; If there is any damage to the property from the date of receipt of the key at the time of renting the
bed at the time of the establishment, then the rest can be returned with the appropriate engineering estimate. However, if the landlord does not have enough money to repay the loan and is in debt, he or she can still be held accountable.
- Delivering the transferred houses to the rightful owners
- In ten days in advance, the media shall call on the users to fulfill the obligations set out in Sections 5 to 8 of this Directive through the media or other means of communication.
- Users who have been called in accordance with sub-article “1” of this Article shall meet the following when requesting to take over the house:
- House agreement
- Proof of loan agreement with the bank;
- Renewed Resident ID: Or a representative if he is a legal representative and a renewed resident ID; Also, if the guardian is a guardian,
- The Housing Development Corporation shall, in accordance with the provisions of sub-article “1” to “2” of the houses sold, ensure that they are completed in accordance with the provisions;
- The corporation shall keep the house handed over to the home users on site, block, house type, buyers’ name and related information in hard and soft copy:
- Delivery deadline of the house to the users
- The Home User shall comply with Article 30 Sub-Article “1” of this Directive: He must meet the conditions in person within 10 consecutive
days or within the specified time from the date of the call to take over the house;
- Failure to take over the house within the time limit specified in sub- article “1” of this Article; The owner is liable for any damage or loss to the home as a result of the failure to take over the house
Transfer of houses to a third party
- Everyone can benefit by lot as long as he/she is alive;
- The lucky registration of the house is in the name of the husband or wife; In the event of the death or loss of the beneficiary, the surviving spouse has the right to benefit through the registration form or on the basis of evidence provided by the court;
- Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-article “1” of this Article, the children of the deceased who are under 18 years of age at the time of registration; You can only benefit from the lottery if you have confirmed your inheritance in a regular court;
- Beneficiaries of the right to inherit court shall benefit; Only if the provisions of this Directive are met;
- Subject to sub-article “3” of this Article, the deceased child (children) under the age of 18 shall be entitled to the inheritance of the lot. 5/2011 You will remain in possession of the house;
- If a couple separates and divorces before they get home (lottery); According to the decision of the court, the savings will be continued and the house will be enforced in accordance with the decision;
Notwithstanding this, if you do not meet the conditions within the stipulated time, the lot will be canceled;
- To the lucky winners who arrive late after the normal sale of the contract due to a court dispute; They must notify the corporation in advance of the transfer deadline that the case has been taken to court; The student may be treated in person within 10 consecutive working days as the case is decided by the court; Requests after this decision will not be accepted.
- Inheriting the house sold
- An inheritance claim may be dealt with only after a court order confirms the inheritance;
- The rights and obligations of an heir with a certificate of heirs in accordance with Article 1 of this Article shall be transferred in his name;
- If the lucky owner dies after paying a down payment or a contract of sale; The heirs shall act in accordance with the decision of the court;
- Certificate of title transfer shall be in accordance with the procedure of the Land Tenure Management Office; The Housing Development Corporation monitors the implementation of the name transfer debt and suspension process.
- Transfer of a house by gift or sale
- A request for a gift or sale after the conclusion of the contract of sale may be processed within five years from the date of the execution of the contract of sale; However, this can only be done if the rent has been paid in full and confirmed by the bank.
- Subject to sub-article “1” of this Article: When the transfer fee is fully paid and the five-year-old condominium owner submits a gift or sale contract, his rights and obligations are transferred to a third party;
- Certificate of title shall be issued in accordance with the procedures of the Land Tenure Management Office.
Section Eleven About editing information
- Correction of spelling errors
- The lucky name of the condominium is published in a newspaper; If there is an error with the information at the time of registration, it will be read in conjunction with the information on the main server of the database to correct the spelling and enter into a contract.
- If there is one or more information discrepancies in the student’s home spelling, surname, surname, surname, choice of home type; It is taken as correct information and is compiled by the registrar’s sea register, which is organized by the Bureau of Housing Development and Administration; Sub-city and district information can also be used as a reference.
- Changing the name
- Subject to the provisions of sub-article “1” and “2” of Article 36 of this Directive: In the event of a home lottery, both the username and the parent’s name change will be done in accordance with court affidavits.
- A change of name due to inheritance, sale and gift may be granted only if the provisions of Article 33 of this Directive are met.
Prohibition, Termination of contracts and Conditions of Money Transfer
- Prohibited Actions
- If he owns a place of residence or housing in his own name or in the name of his spouse, or sells it or sells it to a third party after 1997; Or if
it is confirmed that he is enrolled in more than one housing program; Benefiting from the lottery is prohibited.
- If he has stopped saving for 6 consecutive months in accordance with the registration instructions and has not paid the prepayment; The beneficiary will not be eligible for the lottery, but this provision will not apply if he / she completes the 6-month savings at once.
- It is forbidden to draw lots for new registrants before the end of the 20/80 housing development program.
- It is prohibited to transfer the lot of the house to another party within 5 years from the date of signing the contract of sale.
- Subject to sub-article “4” of this Article, houses over 5 years of age may be transferred to a third party for sale or gift;
- It is forbidden to change houses after a development loan or a bank loan agreement has been entered into;
- It is forbidden to transfer more than one house during the lottery and handover:
- It is forbidden to change the house that was handed over by lot except as provided in this guide. However, the management of the bureau may decide as necessary.
- Transfer of property outside of this Directive is prohibited;
- Converting a condominium to a commercial building is prohibited;
- Termination of a condominium sale contract
- He has a place of residence or residence in the city on behalf of himself or his spouse; Or, after 1997, owns a home and sells it to a third party for sale or gift; Or if it has been established that he or she has previously
benefited from a condominium lot or has purchased a condominium on a development basis
- If he / she is not willing to correct any deficiencies or deficiencies indicated on the basis of the correction provided by the corporation;
- If he / she voluntarily requests the contract to be canceled or terminated;
- If there is a complaint about the type of house drawn and the size of the plot; If he refuses to take over the house within the prescribed time and delivery time;
- If the user has not prepared and signed a loan agreement with the bank within the time limit set by the bank;
- If he has not paid his monthly loan for three consecutive months or a total of six times in one year;
- If he sells or sells his home before the age of five and has not paid the full amount;
- If he does not hand over the rented house within 60 working days to the governing body;
- If the house purchased by the corporation is being used outside of the permitted purpose or service; If he commits an act that disturbs the common peace and security of the residents as well as the common life;
- Provide false evidence in violation of the obligations and prohibitions set forth in this Directive; If a contract of sale is entered into, the contract is terminated and the house is returned; He will also be held accountable by the law.
If the lucky bidder requests a refund or payment in full, the provisions of the contract are as follows.
- He has a place of residence or residence in the city on behalf of himself or his spouse; Or, after 1997, owns a home and sells it to a third party for sale or gift; Or has previously owned a condominium lot or purchased a condominium as a developer; Also, if the conduct of the sale has been established and the contract of sale has been terminated; The rest of the money will be returned to him;
- After the sale of the house and the lease, or after receiving the house, he stated that he did not want the house and asked him to repay the rent; The calculated interest rate can be calculated and returned after the debt has been paid.
- Heirs who benefit from condominiums due to inheritance; If you do not want to use the condominium in their own name and do not agree, Shall be enforced by a court order;
- If there is a difference in the size or size of the house during the contract of sale and delivery; If certified by the corporation: If there is a deficiency, the buyer will be reimbursed for the difference; If there is an excess, the buyer must pay the additional fee as specified in the contract of sale; If there is a loan for the wrong square meter, the loan should be closed and the loan guarantee card and bank loan agreement should be revised and replaced.
- Pursuant to sub-articles “1” to 3 of this Article, if the corporation takes over the house, the refund will be refunded in advance of the bank debt and interest, the cost of renovating the house, the monthly rent paid by the bureau in accordance with the monthly rent. The rest will be deducted in full and the rest will be repaid in accordance with the terms
of the interest-free bank; even if the mortgage is completed, the loan will be repaid if the loan is not signed on time, but if the loan is signed, the loan will be deducted and interest will be repaid within one month.
Appealing and decision-making system
I have been deprived of my rights in the event of a transfer by auction, auction or special event; I have been wronged or deprived of my opportunity; Or if he has a complaint about the result of the commercial bidding or if the contract has been improperly terminated or he has a complaint with the corporation; The complainant has the right to submit a complaint to the Complaints and Complaints Inquiry Committee within 10 working days of the completion of the above activities. Complaints filed outside of this time are inadmissible;
- Organization of Complaints and Complaints Inquiry Committee
The corporation receives complaints and grievances and sets up a grievance committee to make recommendations.
- Procedures for Complaints and Complaints
- A client who has a grievance or grievance may file a grievance or grievance in writing with the legal representative or the custodian within
7 working days of the incident; The committee will also review the complaints and grievances by the 10th day and make a recommendation to the superintendent.
- The superintendent to whom the complaint is made shall immediately direct the complaint or grievance to the Inquiry Committee;
- When a grievance or complaint is filed in writing; If there is supporting evidence of the main issue of the complaint or complaint, the resolution
to be provided by the client; The client’s full name and address and the cause of the action must be dated.
- Response to Complaints and replying
- The Superintendent shall, in the course of 15 business days, respond to the complaint and grievance in writing within 15 working days.
- The Corporation shall notify the client in writing if the complaint or complaint proves to be invalid.
- If the complainant is dissatisfied with the response or explanation given by the corporation in accordance with sub-articles “1” and “2”; The complaint must be submitted to the head of the office within five working days as appropriate; Requests beyond this time limit will not be accepted;
- A resolution submitted in accordance with sub-article “1” to “3” of this Article shall be the final decision for the Corporation.
- The complainant has the right to appeal against any decision made by the bureau or the corporation.
- He may appeal to the City Magistrate’s Court:
Section Fourteen Miscellaneous provisions
The corporation may delegate to other entities it deems necessary to implement this directive.
- Obligation to cooperate
Everyone has a duty to cooperate in enforcing this policy.
- Any person who violates the provisions of this Directive shall be liable in accordance with the relevant laws;
- Any executive officer or manager engaged in the transfer of housing and related works; If the obligations and prohibitions set forth in this Directive are found to be: Subject to the provisions of the relevant laws, Addis Ababa City Administration Public Servants Proclamation and Complaints Resolution Procedure
- Improving the guideline
This guide may be amended by the Bureau of Housing Development and Administration if necessary.
- Guidelines that do not apply
- Addis Ababa City Housing Development and Administration Bureau Housing Transfer and Administration Directive No. 1/2008 and Amended Directive No. 2/2009 have been repealed by this Directive.
- Any directive or practice that is inconsistent with this Directive shall not apply to matters covered by this Directive.
- Effective Period of the Directive
This directive shall be effective from the date of its publication by the Head of the Addis Ababa City Administration Housing Development and Administration Bureau.
Senait Damtew Tadesse (Eng.) Head of Housing Development and Administration Bureau