- C2 Unemployment Convention, 1919
- C11 Right of Association (Agriculture) Convention, 1921.
- C14 Weekly Rest (Industry) Convention, 1921.
- C29 Forced Labour Convention, 1930.
- C87 Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organise Convention, 1948.
- C88 Employment Service Convention, 1948.
- C98 Right to Organise and Collective Bargaining Convention, 1949
- C181 Private Employment Agencies Convention, 1997
- C100 Equal Remuneration Convention,.1951
- C105 Abolition of Forced Labour Convention,1957
- C111 Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention, 1958
Convention concerning Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organise (Note: Date of coming into force: 04:07:1950.) Convention:C087
The General Conference of the International Labour Organisation,
Having been convened at San Francisco by the Governing Body of the International Labour Office, and having met in its Thirty-first Session on 17 June 1948;
Having decided to adopt, in the form of a Convention, certain proposals concerning freedom of association and protection of the right to organise, which is the seventh item on the agenda of the session;
Considering that the Preamble to the Constitution of the International Labour Organisation declares “recognition of the principle of freedom of association” to be a means of improving conditions of labour and of establishing peace;
Considering that the Declaration of Philadelphia reaffirms that “freedom of expression and of association are essential to sustained progress”;
Considering that the International Labour Conference, at its Thirtieth Session, unanimously adopted the principles which should form the basis for international regulation;
Considering that the General Assembly of the United Nations, at its Second Session, endorsed these principles and requested the International Labour Organisation to continue every effort in order that it may be possible to adopt one or several international Conventions;
adopts this ninth day of July of the year one thousand nine hundred and forty-eight the following Convention, which may be cited as the Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organise Convention, 1948: Continue reading C87 Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organise Convention, 1948